Bible Stadium in Leander, TX, is a high school football stadium that currently serves as the home field for several local high school teams, including the Leander Lions, Cedar Park Timberwolves, Rouse Raiders, and Vista Ridge Rangers. The stadium has a seating capacity of 14,000 spectators and is named in honor of the Bible family, who made a significant donation towards the construction of the facility.
The original stadium, known as Barrett Stadium, was built in 1949 in Odessa, TX, by the Ector County Independent School District. The stadium was named after J.M. Barrett, who served as the superintendent of the district at the time. Barrett Stadium was a popular venue for high school football games and other community events, but it eventually fell into disrepair.
In the early 1980s, the Ector County ISD decided to build a new, larger stadium to replace Barrett Stadium. The new facility, known as Ratliff Stadium, was constructed nearby, and Barrett Stadium was then dismantled and put into storage.
Several years later, a group of community members in Leander, TX, began exploring the possibility of building a new high school football stadium for local teams. They discovered the disassembled remains of Barrett Stadium in storage and decided to purchase and relocate the facility to Leander.
The project to rebuild and expand the stadium was led by the Bible family, who made a significant financial contribution to the effort. The newly renovated stadium was renamed Bible Memorial Stadium in honor of the family’s generosity and support. Check Out This Info
Today, Bible Memorial Stadium is a beloved community landmark and a hub for high school football and other community events in Leander, TX.
Located at Leander High School
Bible Memorial Stadium is located on the campus of Leander High School in Leander, TX. The stadium has a seating capacity of 14,000 spectators and features a synthetic turf playing surface. In addition to serving as the home field for several local high school football teams, the stadium also hosts other community events such as concerts and festivals.
The stadium underwent a major renovation in 2018, which included the installation of a new video scoreboard, an updated sound system, and improved lighting. The renovation also added new seating areas and restrooms, as well as enhanced accessibility features.
Bible Memorial Stadium is named in honor of the Bible family, who made a significant donation towards the construction of the facility. The stadium serves as a beloved community landmark and is a source of pride for the residents of Leander and the surrounding areas.
What Amenities Can You Expect There?
Bible Memorial Stadium in Leander, TX, offers a range of amenities to enhance the game-day experience for spectators. Here are some of the amenities you can expect to find:
- Seating: The stadium has a seating capacity of 14,000, with seating options for both general admission and reserved seating. The stadium features both home and visitor bleachers, as well as a VIP section.
- Concessions: A variety of food and drink options are available for purchase at the stadium’s concessions stands. The menu typically includes items such as hot dogs, burgers, nachos, popcorn, candy, and soft drinks.
- Restrooms: Multiple restroom facilities are located throughout the stadium for the convenience of spectators.
- Parking: The stadium offers ample parking for spectators, with designated parking areas for both general admission and VIP ticket holders.
- Accessibility: Bible Memorial Stadium is fully accessible for individuals with disabilities, with wheelchair ramps and designated seating areas available.
- Video scoreboard: The stadium features a state-of-the-art video scoreboard, which provides live game updates, player stats, and other relevant information.
- Sound system: The stadium’s sound system has been recently updated, providing clear, high-quality audio for announcements, music, and other audio elements during the game.
Overall, Bible Memorial Stadium offers a comfortable and convenient setting for high school football games and other community events. Check Out This Information
How to Go There?
Bible Memorial Stadium is located at 2101 Cougar Country Drive, Leander, TX 78641, on the campus of Leander High School. Here are some ways to get there:
- Car: The most common way to get to Bible Memorial Stadium is by car. The stadium is easily accessible from major highways, including Highway 183 and State Highway 45. There is ample parking available on site for spectators.
- Public transportation: If you prefer not to drive, you can take public transportation to the stadium. The Capital Metro bus system operates several routes that serve the Leander area, with stops located near the stadium. You can check the Capital Metro website for more information on schedules and routes.
- Ride-sharing services: Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available in the Leander area. Use the app to request a ride to Bible Memorial Stadium, and your driver will drop you off at the nearest entrance.
- Biking or walking: If you live nearby, you can also bike or walk to the stadium. The campus is located in a residential area, so it is easily accessible by foot or bike. Just be sure to follow all traffic laws and use designated bike lanes and sidewalks where available.
Overall, there are several options for getting to Bible Memorial Stadium, depending on your preferences and location.
Bible Stadium Related Information
- Address: 3301 S Bagdad Rd, Leander, TX 78641, United States
- Website: https://www.leanderisd.org/stadiums/