Roofing Damage? No Problem
The prospect of replacing a roof should send a shudder through you. Think of the high cost of materials, the contractor, the equipment, the time and the inconvenience to you and your family. There is nothing alluring about the situation not even the prospect of a new roof. It can be an emotionally, physically and financially draining process.
But when it must be done, it must be done! There are important decisions to be made regarding the best roof for your structure. This is easy for the roofing experts but not for you especially considering the number of roofing options available to you. Here is a breakdown of what to expect from some of the most popular offerings on the market today when considering roof replacement.
Roof Replacement System
- ASPHALT ROOFS – This is a widely popular material that looks great and has adequate longevity in areas with moderate temperatures and weather patterns. The newer asphalt offerings on the market come with additional higher resistance to cyclic fatigue weathering the expansion and contraction caused by the elements and age well. It is one of the most lasting solutions with several cost-effective options available to choose from.
- VEGETATIVE ROOFS – If you are considering going green these types of roofs incorporate green technology for the sustainability of eh ecosystem around your property. They naturally provide you with enhanced air quality and are able to withstand the elements for years without damage. This is because they are built with stormwater control features that allow the water to drain away leaving no puddles that can contribute to water damage. They are also proficient in energy saving because they act as the buffer between the roof’s insulation and ambient temperatures so you get consistent temperatures on your property all year round. While some roofing materials are restrictive when it comes to where you live, vegetative roofs work for all climates, all sizes of structures and all times of the year.
- TPO ROOFING SYSTEM – TPO is well known as Thermoplastic Polyolefin white reflective membrane. This is highly popular membrane material made from reflective and energy efficient white single-ply roofing material. It is strong and durable and can be welded using heat to create a monolithic roof. If you are looking for the ultimate in energy efficiency and heat reflection look no further.
- MEMBRANES – You may want to take the longevity and protection of your roof further. Membranes are applied to roofs to ensure that a roof, once replaced, lives a long healthy life.
- EPDM ROOFING SYSTEMS – This is another single ply roofing membrane option that has the lowest carbon footprint of them all. it is hardy and durable offering you the most longevity of all the single-ply membranes on the market. It is easy to install and can be either ballasted or adhered to the roof mechanically. It is eco-friendly and allows you leeway to create any design in a myriad of colors.
- METAL ROOFS – Metal roofs are very striking with their shiny finish. What used to be a noisy roofing material in yesteryears now features insulation that keeps the noise levels down and is rust proof while giving you an attractive looking roof. It is an expensive option because metal roofs are the most long-lasting even outliving the structure in some cases.
Choosing the right roof for your property will take time and energy but it is well worth it when you see the final result, especially if you are sticking to current roofing trends.