Heroes Night Out is a non-profit organization that was established in 2010 to serve veterans, military personnel, and their families in Cedar Park, Texas, and the surrounding areas. The organization was founded by Terry Jung, a retired Marine Corps veteran, and his wife, Tracey, who wanted to create a safe and supportive environment for military families to socialize and receive assistance.
The organization started with a few volunteers and a small budget and initially operated out of a single room in a local church. However, it quickly grew in popularity and expanded to a larger location in Cedar Park, Texas. Heroes Night Out currently operates out of a 10,000-square-foot facility that includes a community center, a game room, a computer lab, and an outdoor space for events and activities.
Heroes Night Out provides a variety of services and programs to veterans, military personnel, and their families. These services include counseling, support groups, recreational activities, employment assistance, financial counseling, and educational programs. The organization also hosts events and activities throughout the year, such as holiday parties, BBQs, and family outings. Discover More
To fund its programs and services, Heroes Night Out relies on donations from individuals, businesses, and community organizations. The organization is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, which means that donations are tax-deductible. In addition, Heroes Night Out receives support from local government agencies and foundations.
Overall, Heroes Night Out has become an important resource for military families in Cedar Park, Texas, and the surrounding areas. The organization’s commitment to providing a supportive and welcoming environment for veterans and their families has helped it to grow and expand over the years. It continues to be a vital part of the community.
What Can You Expect When You Work There?
As a non-profit organization, Heroes Night Out relies heavily on volunteers to help with its programs and services.
If you are interested in working at Heroes Night Out, there are several different roles and responsibilities that you may be asked to take on. Find here
Volunteer opportunities at Heroes Night Out may include:
- Program Support: Volunteers may assist with the various programs and services offered by Heroes Night Out. This could include helping to organize and lead recreational activities, providing support and assistance to veterans and their families, or helping with administrative tasks.
- Event Planning: Heroes Night Out hosts various events and activities throughout the year, and volunteers may be asked to help plan and execute these events. This could include everything from organizing decorations and food to coordinating volunteers and entertainment.
- Fundraising: As a non-profit organization, Heroes Night Out relies on donations and fundraising to support its programs and services. Volunteers may be asked to help with fundraising efforts, such as organizing a fundraising event or reaching out to potential donors.
- Outreach: Heroes Night Out is dedicated to serving the needs of veterans and military families in the community. Volunteers may be asked to help with outreach efforts to identify and connect with those who may benefit from the organization’s programs and services.
Working at Heroes Night Out can be a rewarding experience, as you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of veterans and their families. As a volunteer, you will be working alongside a dedicated team of individuals who are committed to supporting the needs of the military community. You may also have the opportunity to develop new skills, make new connections, and gain valuable experience in the non-profit sector.
How to Go There?
Heroes Night Out is located at 1150 South Bell Boulevard, Cedar Park, Texas, 78613. If you are traveling from within Cedar Park or the surrounding areas, you can use the following directions to reach Heroes Night Out:
- From the intersection of US 183 and FM 1431 in Cedar Park, head west on FM 1431 for approximately 1.5 miles.
- Turn left onto South Bell Boulevard (also known as US 183A Frontage Road).
- Continue on South Bell Boulevard for approximately 0.8 miles.
- Heroes Night Out will be on your right, in the same building as Cedar Park Printing and FedEx Office.
If you are traveling from further away, you can use a mapping service such as Google Maps to get directions to Heroes Night Out. The organization’s website also includes a map and directions, as well as contact information in case you need further assistance.
As a visitor to Heroes Night Out, you will have the opportunity to see firsthand the programs and services offered by the organization. You may also be able to meet and talk with volunteers, staff members, and veterans who benefit from the organization’s services. In addition, Heroes Night Out hosts various events and activities throughout the year, such as holiday parties, BBQs, and family outings, which may be open to the public and offer a fun and engaging way to support the organization’s mission.
Heroes Night Out-Related Information
- Address: 1150 S Bell Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 78613, United States
- Phone: +15129867660
- Website: http://heroesnightout.org/
- Operating Hours: Saturday and Sunday – Closed; Monday-Friday – 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM